Anacostia | Washington, DC
270,000 SF Office with 200,000 SF leased to DC Department of Health w 500 below grade parking spaces, 20,000 SF Retail, 132 Senior Affordable Residential Apartment Units w below grade parking and rooftop terrace, 120 room hotel with rooftop lounge.
• Development Team: Blue Sky Housing, LLC, Four Points LLC and Curtis Investments Group, LLC
• Project Design Construction: Construction and development of (1) a Class A mixed-use office building project with 270,000SF including ground floor retail, (2) 132 Senior Affordable Residential Apartment Units w below grade parking and rooftop terrace and (3) 120 room hotel with rooftop lounge. The Project embraces a modern design, but blends into the historic feel of Anacostia.
• Company Role: Blue Sky Housing served as the co-developer on this project and is jointly responsible for all development activities, except for general contracting.
• Community Outreach: Blue Sky Housing engaged District residents and District based LSDBE companies to provide architectural, construction, legal and sales/marketing services.
• Total Development Costs: $300,000,000 approx.
• Financing Structure: Construction Loan, TIF Bond, Sponsor Equity and Owner Equity – All sources have been closed and funded.
• Start/Completion Date: Construction start date Spring 2021 – Completion – Summer 2024
• Project Status: Project is in the permitting stage for the office building and will break ground in April 2021. The other components will break ground in spring 2022.
• Green Building Features: LEED Certified Buildings, Low E – fiberglass windows, green roofs, stormwater management system.